- Trial Phase: Current Works
- Operation of the mine
- Emergency Preparedness
- Radiation Protection
- Environmental monitoring
- Control and surveillance
- Decommissioning Concept
- Decommissioning Planning
- Plan-approval procedure
Operation of the mine
In order to be able to operate the Asse II mine care needs to be taken of
- mining safety,
- radiation protection and
- maintenance of all facility components underground and above ground.
That also includes the maintenance of buildings above ground such as the maintenance of lightning and fire protection.
To ensure mining safety underground, pieces of rock need to be continuously milled off the roofs and walls and the road needs to be maintained. The miners of the Asse-GmbH need to operate and maintain
- the necessary equipment for the management of the inflowing saline solutions (pumps, pipes and collecting tanks) as well as
- the vehicles,
- the mining machinery,
- the hoisting systems and
- the devices for air supply (ventilation system).
Radiation protection and maintenance
Operational tasks also include
- the provision and maintenance of measurement devices for radiation protection and for the site monitoring, monitoring the mining situation and the basic radiation protection of the mine with the help of various measures,
- the maintenance of a laboratory for the site monitoring,
- the supply and disposal mechanisms of the entire facility (power, water and waste)
And the organisation of
- a mine rescue brigade to fight acute dangers underground
- a facility fire brigade and
- plant security (such as guards).
Operation needs to be kept up until the mine will be left and finally be decommissioned.
State of 2016.11.30